Healthy Schools Accreditation
Engaines is awarded for being a ‘Very Healthy School’ and a’ Happy Community’!
After a visit from the ‘Healthy Schools’ Project Manager we are delighted to have been re-accredited with the ‘Healthy Schools’ Award (awarded March 2017)
The ‘Healthy Schools’ assessor commented on how: “it was clear the pupils are proud of their school and how they play an active part in what it means to be a Healthy School.” He also said that it was “exciting to see the many ways we are working together as a healthy and lively community.”
We were particularly commended for our good practices in:
- The inclusive and very supportive nature of Engaines Primary School.
- The evident and passionate commitment to follow the principles of Healthy Schools across the whole school.
- Engaines commitment to pupil voice and the children’s own willingness, understanding and enthusiasm to take on responsibilities across the school and their role in the school’s development.
- The range and quality of experiences provided for the children that support health and well-being, in particular at the Breakfast Club and tea Time Club.
- Identifying interesting and challenging areas for further development, in researching and developing the PHSE Curriculum, for example to include emotional issues surrounding cyber-bullying and e-safety.
‘Healthy Schools’ Project is part of NHS North East Essex.