Engaines Primary School and Nursery Curriculum Intent
At Engaines Primary School and Nursery we continually develop our school curriculum to ensure that we offer challenge and widen children’s understanding to pave the way for future learning.
In the classroom children experience a broad curriculum with a balance of topic themed lessons and subject focussed lessons, which is in-line with the new curriculum which was made statutory in September 2014.
Our curriculum aims:
- To help pupils develop lively, enquiring minds, the ability to question and argue rationally and to apply themselves to tasks and physical skills
- To develop in pupils the skills necessary to take full advantage of the opportunities available through the application and understanding of ICT
- To help pupils to acquire knowledge, understanding and skills relevant to adult life and employment in a fast-changing world
- To help pupils to use language and number effectively
- To help pupils to develop moral values, respect for religious values and tolerance of other races, religions and ways of life
- To help pupils to understand the world in which they live and the interdependence of individuals, groups and nations
- To help pupils appreciate human achievements and aspirations
- To help pupils to acquire the greatest possible measure of personal, social, spiritual and physical development of which they are capable
- To help pupils to achieve the broadest possible range of academic, practical and aesthetic knowledge
- To help pupils to understand and care for their natural environment