Healthy Schools Accreditation
Engaines is awarded for being a ‘Very Healthy School’ and a’ Happy Community’!
After a visit from the ‘Healthy Schools’ Project Manager in December 2017 we are delighted to have once again, been accredited with a ‘Healthy Schools’ Award, which we shall receive at an Awards ceremony in March 2018. We have also been asked to become as positive Case Study that will be made available for other schools to follow.
The ‘Healthy Schools’ assessor commented on how: “it was clear the pupils are proud of their school and how they play an active part in what it means to be a Healthy School.” He also said that it was “exciting to see the many ways we are working together as a healthy and lively community.”
We were particularly commended for our good practices in:
- The inclusive and very supportive nature of Engaines Primary School.
- The evident and passionate commitment to follow the principles of Healthy Schools across the whole school.
- Engaines commitment to pupil voice and the children’s own willingness, understanding and enthusiasm to take on responsibilities across the school and their role in the school’s development.
- The range and quality of experiences provided for the children that support health and well-being, in particular at the Breakfast Club and After School Club.
- Identifying interesting and challenging areas for further development, in researching and developing the PHSE Curriculum, for example to include emotional issues surrounding cyber-bullying and e-safety.
‘Healthy Schools’ Project is part of NHS North East Essex and further information can be found here.